Answered By: DPU Webservices Last Updated: Jun 06, 2017 Views: 579
The introduction of food and drink into library facilities may pose a threat to library collections or to information technology housed in the library, and may have a detrimental impact on the environment conducive to research and study promoted in the library.
In order to limit the potential damage caused by the introduction of food and drink into library facilities, the DePaul University Library has established the following guidelines regarding the consumption of food and drink:
- Drinks in covered, spill-proof, metal or plastic containers (e.g., bottles with lids, travel mugs) are allowed in most areas of the library.
- Small snacks (e.g., chips, fruit, granola bars) are allowed in most areas of the library.
- Greasy, sticky, crumbly, and aromatic foods (e.g., hamburgers, pizza) are not allowed in the library.
- Food deliveries are not allowed in the library.
- Meals may not be eaten in the library.
- No food is allowed in the Richardson Library’s O'Neil Reading Room
- No food is allowed in Library Instruction rooms (e.g., Richardson Library 109, 110, 417; Loop Library 10028)
- No food or drink is allowed in the Department of Special Collections and Archives.
Finally, library users are asked to:
- Be respectful of those around you and respectful of library materials and furnishings.
- Use care when consuming food and drink while using computers and library materials.
- Dispose of food and drink containers in trash bins or recycling bins, as food residue attracts insects and rodents.
- Alert library staff immediately to any spills or messes.
- Be respectful of any posted food or drink notices in the library.
The DePaul University Library reserves the right to suspend one or more tenets of this Policy for special events hosted by the library and/or the University.
- Borrowing/Circulation (30)
- Faculty (30)
- Reserves (29)
- Books/E-books (29)
- Research (27)
- Interlibrary Loan (16)
- Accounts/Access (14)
- Policies (13)
- Computers & Equipment (10)
- Special Collections (9)
- Locations/Spaces (9)
- DePaul History/University Archives (8)
- Alumni (7)
- Databases (7)
- Articles (7)
- Visitors (3)
- Print/Scan/Copy (3)
- Digital Services (2)