Answered By: DPU Webservices Last Updated: Jun 06, 2017 Views: 66
Developing a citation analysis of your publications for tenure and promotion review can be time consuming, but online tools are making it easier. Any reference librarian can help get you started; for more specialized assistance in your field, consult the library liaison for your department. Here are two good tools for a quick-and-dirty search for journal citations:
- Web of Science covers major journals in the sciences, humanities, and social sciences, with less coverage in areas of business.
- Use the Cited Reference Search at the top of the screen and follow the search examples.
- If your last name is common, you'll need to use more search fields to narrow the search.
- If your last name is often misspelled, be sure to try alternative spellings.
- If you have co-authors, search for the first listed author as well as your own name.
- Google Scholar covers citations in the open Web as well as in journal publisher Web sites.
- First set your Scholar Preferences by scrolling down to Library Links and searching for DePaul. Select Full Text @ DePaul to turn on links to DePaul's online and print holdings.
- Search for the exact title of your publication in quotation marks and look for the link "Cited by _____" to find citing articles.
Finding citations to your publications in books is also getting easier. Try searching within online versions of books in Amazon.com and Google Books. Once you have done a retrospective search, consider setting up citation tracking in Web of Science, High Wire Press, Sage Publications, and other databases to alert you to new citations to your research as they are published. The details vary depending on your discipline - your library liaison is the best person to ask for help with this.
- Borrowing/Circulation (30)
- Faculty (30)
- Reserves (29)
- Books/E-books (29)
- Research (27)
- Interlibrary Loan (16)
- Accounts/Access (14)
- Policies (13)
- Locations/Spaces (13)
- Computers & Equipment (10)
- Special Collections (9)
- DePaul History/University Archives (8)
- Alumni (7)
- Databases (7)
- Articles (7)
- Richardson Renovation (4)
- Visitors (3)
- Print/Scan/Copy (3)
- Digital Services (2)