Answered By: Alexis Burson Last Updated: Apr 06, 2020 Views: 65
Yes, DePaul University Library has been granted expanded access to HathiTrust e-books.
HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Services:
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic HathiTrust has made available to DePaul students, faculty, and staff, works in HathiTrust that are under copyright and match cataloging records of physically held items in the university library. Approximately 43% of DePaul University’s physical library collection is contained in HathiTrust’s online collection and may be temporarily accessed through this Emergency Temporary Access Services (ETAS) program.
To access materials:
• Log In with Partner Institution: DePaul University, and your DePaul login and password.
• Once authenticated as a DePaul University student, faculty or staff, search for the item you wish to view.
• Click on the Temporary Access link at the bottom of the record to Check Out the item through the Emergency Temporary Access Service. Access to books is for 60 minutes; however, any session will be extended if the user is still actively using the book. To protect the author’s rights books cannot be downloaded in any way; they may only be read online in an active session while using HathiTrust.
For additional information, view Emergency Temporary Access Services (ETAS): Information for Users at https://www.hathitrust.org/ETAS-User-Information.
Detailed instructions (including how to use the service on a phone or tablet) can be found at https://www.hathitrust.org/ETAS-How-To
- Borrowing/Circulation (30)
- Books/E-books (29)
- Faculty (28)
- Reserves (25)
- Research (23)
- COVID-19 (17)
- Interlibrary Loan (16)
- Policies (14)
- Accounts/Access (13)
- Databases (10)
- Articles (10)
- Computers & Equipment (8)
- Locations/Spaces (8)
- Alumni (5)
- Special Collections (4)
- DePaul History/University Archives (3)
- Digital Services (2)
- Visitors (2)
- Print/Scan/Copy (2)