Answered By: Alexis Burson Last Updated: Jul 30, 2020 Views: 12
Thank you for thinking of DePaul University Library as the next home for your donated materials. Both the John T. Richardson Library at the Lincoln Park Campus and the Loop Library at the Loop Campus are currently closed until university officials deem it safe enough to reopen the Library. We will not be accepting donations until the John T. Richardson Library reopens due to lack of staff available to accept and process the donations. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Until the library reopens, potential donors are asked to review the University Library Gift Policy to ensure that their donation matches DePaul’s list of acceptable materials. A few important things to note:
Materials in very good condition which support the teaching and research mission of the university are preferred.
- The library will not accept duplicate holdings.
- The library will donate or discard all gifts not added to the collection.
- Current DePaul faculty and staff can send up to 50 titles without a list. Students and donors not affiliated with DePaul are required to provide a list. The list should include title, author, and publication date for each item. Liaison librarians will review the list and select items from the list to be added to the collection.
- Should you wish to make a donation after the library reopens, please fill out the Library Donation Form. Although we cannot physically accept donations at the moment, the collections staff is happy to review your list of materials while we work remotely, and we will contact you as soon as possible to discuss your potential donation.
For more details please visit https://library.depaul.edu/about/policies/Pages/give-to-the-library.aspx
- Borrowing/Circulation (30)
- Books/E-books (29)
- Faculty (28)
- Reserves (25)
- Research (23)
- COVID-19 (17)
- Interlibrary Loan (16)
- Policies (14)
- Accounts/Access (13)
- Databases (10)
- Articles (10)
- Computers & Equipment (8)
- Locations/Spaces (8)
- Alumni (5)
- Special Collections (4)
- DePaul History/University Archives (3)
- Digital Services (2)
- Visitors (2)
- Print/Scan/Copy (2)