Answered By: Sveta Stoytcheva Last Updated: Sep 23, 2020 Views: 517
How do I request a book for contactless pick-up?
Contactless pick-up is a way to borrow print books from the DePaul University Library in a safe, socially distant way while the Library buildings are closed.
Currently, this service is available for materials owned by DePaul and housed at either the John T. Richardson Library or Loop Library. The ability to borrow print materials from other libraries, through I-Share and Interlibrary Loan, will resume at a later date.
Requesting a Book
- Locate your book using LibrarySearch, the search tool located on the library home page at library.depaul.edu
- To request items, you have to sign-in to your library account. You can do this directly from the search results screen. Sign-in with your Campus Connect credentials.
- Once you are signed in, click on the title of the book to additional information about the title and place your request.
- Click on the Request button.
- Fill out the required fields for Pickup Institution and Pickup Location. Select "DePaul University" as the pickup institution. Please be mindful that transferring a book from one DePaul campus to the other requires additional processing time.
- Once you click on the Send Request button, you'll see a confirmation that your request was placed. You will receive a confirmation email once your items are ready to pick-up.
- You can check on the status of your requests by navigating to My Requests from the menu in the top right corner of the screen.
- You'll receive an email notification once your item(s) are ready to pick up. Depending on when you place your request, this may take a few days. Materials can be picked up during designated service hours.
- If you have any questions, don't hesitate to Ask a Librarian!
Picking Up Your Books
- To pick up your books, come to the library during the designated service hours. Make sure to bring your DePaul ID.
- When you arrive, call the number for your pick-up location.
- A staff member will check out the item to your account and deliver it to the socially distanced pick-up point.
- Head home for some quality reading time!
Remember, a face mask covering your nose and mouth is required when you come to the library (and anytime you’re on campus).
Contactless Pick-up Service Hours
DePaul Center (10th floor)
Mondays and Wednesdays from 12pm-4pm
John T. Richardson Library
West quad-side entrance
Wednesdays from 10am-2pm and Thursdays from 2pm-6pm
- Borrowing/Circulation (31)
- Faculty (28)
- Books/E-books (27)
- Reserves (25)
- COVID-19 (25)
- Research (22)
- Interlibrary Loan (16)
- Policies (14)
- Accounts/Access (13)
- Locations/Spaces (12)
- Computers & Equipment (10)
- Databases (9)
- Articles (9)
- Alumni (5)
- Special Collections (4)
- DePaul History/University Archives (3)
- Print/Scan/Copy (3)
- Digital Services (2)
- Visitors (2)