Answered By: DPU Webservices
Last Updated: Jun 06, 2017     Views: 499


If DePaul doesn't own the item you are looking for, you can explore the following options:


I-Share libraries


Borrow books, music, and sometimes videos from I-Share, a group of academic libraries in Illinois with whom we partner. To request items via I-Share, search DePaul WorldCat Local and when you find an item you'd like to borrow, click on the "Borrow from I-Share Libraries" button. Generally, other libraries do not lend periodicals, but you are free to go to any conveniently located I-Share library and photocopy articles, should they have the journal you need. (Get more information about finding films at other libraries).


ILLiad via WorldCat
Books/Films: If a book or film isn't available at DePaul or an I-Share library, you can request it via ILLiad, our interlibrary loan service through our partners beyond Illinois. You can pick up books and other physical items at your primary campus location.  ILLiad takes longer than I-Share to retrieve items.



Articles: If you cannot access an article through DePaul's subscriptions, use ILLiad via DePaul WorldCat Local to request an article.  When you come across an item you want that DePaul doesn't provide access to, click on the "Request via Illiad" button.



Chicago Public Library (or your local public library)


The Chicago Public Library has an extensive collection of books, music, and feature and documentary films. They also subscribe to many popular magazines. You can go online and use the Chicago Public Library catalog to request items be held for you at the location of your choice. The closest branch to the Lincoln Park Campus is only three blocks west of the Fullerton el stop, and the Harold Washington Library Center, located at State and Van Buren, is very convenient to the Loop campus. (How do I get a Chicago Public Library card? Does my DePaul ID work there?)